Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 19

Today I finally did some real exercise, a 5.2 mile walk with Maddy from her house to gables estates and back. If I do this 2 times a week with her, and 3 more 1 mile walks in my parents hood - I might actually lose my disgusting gut by the end of this fast. It's amazing how much faster the time/distance passes when you are swapping stories with a workout buddy.

Tomorrow morning marks the 1/3 checkpoint. While I doubt I'll be 1/3 of the way to my goal, I still feel like I am making progress and gaining energy level. I was extremely sedentary when I started. Not so much now.

Today was also Jade's open house. Her 1st grade reading teacher is a trip. Skinny black lady with an ill-fitting blonde wig. Which reminds me of Jeff Clayton's half serious post-gig order in 1996: "We only want black hookers - with blonde wigs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment