Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 4

Aside from the occasional hunger pain, I've been able to stick to the juice fast since I started last Friday. My  juiceman jr. smoked up a little today while I fed kale to it, but otherwise it has held up pretty well to my 3-4 juicings per day.

I've managed a couple minor cheats, eating a little pulp from my work and a juice popsicle at the end of the night. But honestly, those couldn't make up more than 50 calories a day so I'm not worried about that.

I started using my 2-year old instant fiber today, in the hopes that  bowel movement may occur sometime soon. I haven't taken a dump since Saturday, and would like to without the help of the enema kits I bought as a joke for my housewarming party last year.

I just read an interview with Earnest Hemingway in the Paris review via my new favorite website, longform.org. It's funny how the self-professed tough guy of all time was so bitchy in response to any inquiry about his process. His prose may be tough guy, but his actual voice reads like Paul Lynde or Liberace. Funny shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment